Caro-Kann Defense, genuine bummer.
All pawns, no hope.


Replaying my earlier games. 
Looking for weaknesses in my play. 


Chess isn't always competitive. 
Chess can also be beautiful. 


I'm fine being alone. 

King to protect, Queen to attack...
But They are just pieces. 

I noticed the board first. 
It's an Entire world of 64 squares. 
I feel safe in it. 
I can control it. I can dominate it. 
And its predictable. 

So if I get hurt. 
I only have myself to blame


The Marshall
sacrificed my Queen 


He still had time to get out of it. 
But he took the piece just as I planned. 

To win.
Hammer his weaknesses. 
I could beat him, even though I didn't play the way he thought I should. 
But he captured my centered pawn, my protected pawn, the pawn that held his queen to her corner for most of the game. 
He forced an exchange of queens. 
It was brutal. 
I needed a counter threat. 
A move that would stop him in his tracks, but there wasn't any. 
I thought maybe I could trade my way out of it if he attacker too fast, but he was careful. 
I had to retreat, but he kept coming.